At the Grass Roots level, the development of hockey within North Ayrshire is organised locally through local schools teams and the 5 local clubs of Ardrossan, Argyle, Garnock, Irvine Ladies Hockey & Irvine Men’s Hockey Clubs.
To supplement this work and have a coordinated overall plan for development of Hockey within North Ayrshire the clubs have come together in partnership with Scottish Hockey, Active Schools and Sports Development to form the newly established North Ayrshire Hockey Development Group (NAHDG).
This group will aim to:
- develop hockey activities in the North Ayrshire Council area
- develop a coordinated approach to the development of hockey
- increase the number of young people playing hockey in North Ayrshire
- ensure pathways exist from school to club and from schools and club to district level
- encourage continued participation in hockey when children leave school
- encourage quality delivery in all areas of hockey
- ensure a duty of care to all members of the group
- provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
- ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Membership of the group is open to any person interested in the advancement of Hockey Development in North Ayrshire including: Individuals, School & Clubs Representation, Local Authority Sport etc.
For further information please follow the link below to the New North Ayrshire Hockey Development Group website:
Links to Scottish Hockey and other local club hockey sites can be found below: