North Ayrshire Leisure Limited is a Company limited by guarantee and has charitable status. The Company’s trading name is KA Leisure. The Company is governed by its Articles of Association. The Company is a not for profit organisation, any surpluses generated are reinvested in improving facilities and services.
The Company is responsible for the management and operation of the following facilities in North Ayrshire;
Auchenharvie Leisure Centre, Stevenston
Garnock Community Campus, Glengarnock
- Dalry Primary School
- Kilwinning Academy
- Greenwood Academy
- St Matthew’s Academy
- Arran High School
- Stanley Primary School (Company acts as booking agent only)
- West Kilbride (in partnership with West Kilbride Community Association)
- KA Campus Largs
- Ravenspark, Irvine
- Auchenharvie, Stevenston
- Routenburn, Largs
Outdoor Sports Facilities
North Ayrshire Leisure Trading Services Limited (dormant)
Facilities are owned by North Ayrshire Council but are leased to the Company. Specific contractual agreements are in existence to enable sport, leisure and recreational community use within school facilities.
Company registration number: SC202978
Charity registration number: SC202970
Registered office: 22 Quarry Road, Irvine, KA12 0TH
Company trading name: KA Leisure
The Trustees are also Directors of the Company as set out in the Company Articles of Association the maximum number of Directors is 9 and comprises of the following;
- a maximum of 4 Directors appointed by North Ayrshire Council.
- a maximum of 4 Directors appointed from, and representative of, the North Ayrshire area (with skills to assist the Company in carrying out its objects).
- a maximum of 1 Director appointed from and by the employees of the Company.
Gary Higgon (Chair)
Ashley Pringle (Vice Chair)