Work With Us
KA Leisure and its workforce are dedicated in our mission to make North Ayrshire “More Active, More Often.” From venues to sports programmes and health and well-being and Training our team of staff are placed amongst communities across North Ayrshire.
We are dedicated in supporting our staff to be their best and provide the best possible experience for our customers. As well as various company benefits we offer training opportunities and continued development opportunities.
For more information on being a part of KA Leisure please click on our current vacancies or explore the many ways you can join us as a volunteer.
Job Ref: L992
Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour (KA Leisure provides workers with a minimum hourly rate of £9.00 per hour under the Living wage initiative. Terms and conditions apply)
This vacancy is salaried, paid on 12th of each month
Hours: 12.50 hours per week
Location: Auchenharvie LC, Saltcoats Road, Stevenston, KA20 3JR
- Provide a welcoming, friendly and helpful environment to all customers
- Maintain excellent communication with customers either face to face, by telephone or in writing
- Promote range of activities and services available within KA Leisure
- Accurately process and record all income received from customers
- Assist with general administration within business area
You Must Have:
- Be computer literate and ideally familiar with Gladstone MRM booking system
- Have good customer service skills
Closing date: Friday 5 April 2019
Job Ref: L634
Rate of Pay: £18.04 per hour
Hours: As and when required
Location: Various locations throughout North Ayrshire
- To deliver fitness classes across KA Leisure and community facilities
- To deliver fitness classes within the KA Studio and community fitness programmes
You Must Have:
- Hold a recognised fitness industry REPS Level 2 qualification in any of the following disciplines; Exercise to Music; Les Mills; Aqua; Pilates; Yoga; PSI; BACPR
- An outgoing personality, positive attitude and excellent communication skills
All posts within KA Leisure are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 as amended or the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
Regulated Work with Children/Protected Adults:
Where work is considered regulated work with children and/or protected adults, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children and/or protected adults. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by KA Leisure.
Please note: Successful candidates will meet the cost of the relevant PVG check (£59 for scheme membership and £18 for scheme member update); this will be deducted from wages following commencement of employment with the Company
For further information on the PVG scheme, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
To download an application form in PDF format, please save to computer and then open the file and fill in using Acrobat Reader, (do not fill in using your browser).
The downloaded file can be saved to your own PC, edited and emailed back to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Packs are available by telephone: 01294 315121 or in writing from the Human Resource Department – KA Leisure, 22 Quarry Road, Irvine, KA12 0TH.
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted as supplementary information and will not be supplied to the shortleet panel.
We will be in contact with you no later than 20 working days after the detailed closing date of the post however, if you have not heard from us within that period, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003, as amended, applies to all posts.
Do you have free time? A passion for sport and physical activity?
Then why not join us as a KA Leisure volunteer!
Volunteers are vital support for many of our programmes, events and initiatives. With this in mind our team of volunteers are valued members of our team and we look to offer the same level of development support they give us.
Volunteering may be the thing you need to raise your C.V above the rest and help to propel you to that future career you’ve always wanted.
Why should you volunteer?
And thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering is a good start to finding an opportunity that’s right for you.
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people.Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it
How can I get involved?
There are various areas for you to get involved and start volunteering. From Active Lifestyles to Community Sport we can place you in an area and programme which suits you. For more information please contact us with your preferred area of work to email@example.com.
For more information on volunteering visit www.volunteerscotland.net