Outdoor Sports Facilities
Return to Football
We are delighted to confirm that from Monday 27th July our outdoor synthetic football pitches will be opening at Almswall Park, Kilwinning, and The Circuit, Irvine, for use by teams under 18 years of age.
We will be operating a little differently and teams should familiarise themselves with the guidance below. To help you plan your return to training, the Scottish FA have requested that all clubs & groups appoint at least one COVID Co-ordinator who will be responsible for co-ordinating the necessary actions required to keep your members safe. You will be expected to provide contact details for your COVID Co-ordinator at the time of booking. Full details of the role are available on the Scottish FA website here.
For booking information and pitch availability contact John McMillan at email@example.com. Online payments are requested. If this is not possible then please advise at the time of the booking.
Scottish FA Guidance for Ages 5 – 17
- It is the club’s responsibility to follow all appropriate guidelines to enable the return to training in a safe manner
- A maximum of 12 individuals (10 players, 2 coaches max) in any one area.
- Must be a minimum of 2 club coaches when working with children and young people.
- Players should arrive ready to train; no changing rooms will be available.
- Groups must enter the pitch and move directly to the designated area.
- Groups should stay within agreed training area.
- Coaches should only handle their own equipment (e.g. markers, bibs, small goals etc.) and care should be taken to avoid others touching it.
- Stray footballs should be kicked/dribbled back to position and not picked up.
- First Aid protocols must be followed. Click here
- Toilet facilities will be available with site guidelines in place.
- Goals will be cleaned between each session.
- Team will bring own equipment
- No Parents / Spectators.
- Any one not participating SHOULD NOT congregate before, during or after a session.
- Booking slots will be amended initially to 45-minute sessions with 15-minute turnaround.
- All groups should clear pitch 15 minutes before next group enters.
- Clubs should timetable arrival & incoming training groups must wait in cars until pitch is clear.
Please follow all guidelines, be respectful to others and please be patient.
If you or anyone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19 then you should not visit our facilities.
The main symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For more information on symptoms and the actions you should take are available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL FAQS
A Scottish FA FAQs document to answer ongoing questions and queries regarding the return to grassroots football. Click Here
PROFESSOR JASON LEITCH Q&A
A Q&A about Phase Three with National Clinical Director for the Scottish Government, Professor Jason Leitch.